Extra fine version of Tormek diamond wheel intended for fine polishing with minimal material removal. Wheel is suitable for carving tools and high quality kitchen knives.
Swedish manufacturer Tormek has developed diamond grind wheels of three different grit sizes for water cooled Tormek grinders with wheel diameter of 250mm (for models T-7, T-8 and older type S2000). Thanks to slow revolutions of grinder and diamond abrasive of wheel you can grind dry without heating up the material being ground. You can also grind with water which will result in longer life of wheel and even better results (smoother bevels). Wheels are extremely resilient to wear and tear and their diameter does not change. That means there is no need to flatten the wheel in future like with corundum abrasive. With diamond wheels you can also use the side for sharpening flat bevels which will be appreciated especially during sharpening of woodcarvers and carpenters chisels, planes irons and knives.
- Extra fine variant of TORMEK diamond wheel
- Diamond abrasive grit size: F1200 (JIS 4000)
- Intended for fine polishing with minimal material removal
- Ideal for woodcarving tools and high end knives
- Suitable for any material (steel, cemented carbides and even ceramic)
- Compatible with T-8, T-7 and older grinders with diameter of wheel 250 mm
- Comes with 150ml of anti corrosion concentrate (intended for wet sharpening)
- Wheel diameter: 250 mm
- Wheel width: 50 mm
- Official Czech distribution
For grinding on wheel side, we recommend you buy Multi Base Tormek MB-100 that gives excellent support to individual Tormek jigs.
1) For grinding with water always use the anti corrosion concentrate (10ml of concentrate for 250ml of water). Mix the solution first, then pour it in the through. If you want to keep the solution till next sharpening, lower the through in such way that the wheel is not sitting in (or touching) the water.
2) Always use only light pressure. Diamond grits are extremely sharp and therefore sensitive to too much pressure.
3) At first the diamond wheel may seem more aggressive. That is normal; it’s a process during which the diamond grit stabilizes. This should only last for the first 2-5 grindings.
4) Never use the Truing Tool TT-50 for diamond wheels.
We display availability of product with each individual item on our website. What does it mean?
The goods are in stock at our store and can be purchased immediately. Orders submitted till noon of workdays are dispatched on the same day, later orders will be processed next working day.
Specific date of stock availability, such as 02/2018 or 01/02/2018, means we already ordered the items from suppliers and the order is confirmed. Date displayed is the expected day of parcel dispatch to your address.
The items are currently out of stock. The days inform how often we resupply at our suppliers. Since we can’t guarantee stock availability of our suppliers, please take this info as usual lead time.
We are currently out of stock and we don’t have confirmed order from the supplier so it’s not possible to give any specific date.
Innovated SVD-186R with new locking screw to lock the Gouge Jig's rotation. The jig...
2 526 Kč
Rubber mat under Tormek grinders is anti slip and holds water that drips down under the...
1 427 Kč
- Set of smaller honing wheel for Tormek LA-120 - Wheel with radius of 2mm and angle...
New workstation for TORMEK grinders with six drawers for storing all your sharpening...
20 686 Kč
Compose your own Tormek T-8 Custom as you need. This is only the machnie with no grind...
12 082 Kč
- Slots for angles between 15°- 45° (increasing by 5° per slot) - Made...
Replacement PTFE lubricant supplied with drill bit sharpener DBS-22. - suitable for...
The Small Knife Holder SVM-00 from Tormek opens up the possibility to sharpen those...