Coarsest version of Tormek diamond wheel intended for fast material removal and shaping of new bevel.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Swedish manufacturer Tormek has developed diamond grind wheels of three different grit sizes for water cooled Tormek grinders with wheel diameter of 250mm (for models T-7, T-8 and older type S2000). Thanks to slow revolutions of grinder and diamond abrasive of wheel you can grind dry without heating up the material being ground. You can also grind with water which will result in longer life of wheel and even better results (smoother bevels). Wheels are extremely resilient to wear and tear and their diameter does not change. That means there is no need to flatten the wheel in future like with corundum abrasive. With diamond wheels you can also use the side for sharpening flat bevels which will be appreciated especially during sharpening of woodcarvers and carpenters chisels, planes irons and knives.
- Coarsest variant of TORMEK diamond wheel
- Diamond abrasive grit size: F360 (JIS 700)
- Intended for fast material removal or formation of new bevel
- Suitable for any material (steel, cemented carbides and even ceramic)
- Compatible with T-8, T-7 and older grinders with diameter of wheel 250 mm
- Comes with 150ml of anti corrosion concentrate (intended for wet sharpening)
- Wheel diameter: 250 mm
- Wheel width: 50 mm
- Official Czech distribution
For grinding on wheel side, we recommend you buy Multi Base Tormek MB-100 that gives excellent support to individual Tormek jigs.
1) For grinding with water always use the anti corrosion concentrate (10ml of concentrate for 250ml of water). Mix the solution first, then pour it in the through. If you want to keep the solution till next sharpening, lower the through in such way that the wheel is not sitting in (or touching) the water.
2) Always use only light pressure. Diamond grits are extremely sharp and therefore sensitive to too much pressure.
3) At first the diamond wheel may seem more aggressive. That is normal; it’s a process during which the diamond grit stabilizes. This should only last for the first 2-5 grindings.
4) Never use the Truing Tool TT-50 for diamond wheels.
We display availability of product with each individual item on our website. What does it mean?
The goods are in stock at our store and can be purchased immediately. Orders submitted till noon of workdays are dispatched on the same day, later orders will be processed next working day.
Specific date of stock availability, such as 02/2018 or 01/02/2018, means we already ordered the items from suppliers and the order is confirmed. Date displayed is the expected day of parcel dispatch to your address.
The items are currently out of stock. The days inform how often we resupply at our suppliers. Since we can’t guarantee stock availability of our suppliers, please take this info as usual lead time.
We are currently out of stock and we don’t have confirmed order from the supplier so it’s not possible to give any specific date.
Classic grater like we know it with a few upgrades by Microplane. Solid stainless steel...
1 330 Kč
Quality knife from Swedish manufacturer MORA in TORMEK colors. Comes with plastic sheath.
KIMAK PEAK scale loupe 10x magnification with LED illumination.
3 086 Kč
Tailor scissors with overall length of 250mm from professional series 7000 by Japanese...
1 699 Kč
DICKORON Classic is sharpening steal with unbeatable sapphire cut.
2 990 Kč
Flattening plate made by Naniwa with grit size 220 for flattening uneven sharpening...
1 675 Kč
Innovative jig by TORMEK for sharpening of wood chisels and iron planes up to width of...
1 542 Kč
- Angle gauge for woodturning chisels and skewers for use with SVD-186 or SVS-50 -...